- Terrorist attack Al Qaeda suspected due to known activity in the area.
- French Embassy and National Army Headquarters in Ouagadougou targeted.
- Attacks may have been in reprisal to the governments participation in recent Anti Islamist militant operations.
- French Embassy may have been targeted due to Macron’s recent Africa Strategy which included fighting militants.
- Explosive device used in attack on General Staff of Armed Forces.
- Four attackers killed at the Embassy and two at Army Headquarters.
- Seven Members of the security forces were killed, with another six wounded.
- Two civilians were also wounded.