2/09/2016 from Turkey
- Kurdish group protecting Turkey’s presence in Syria were fired tear gas by the Turkish forces
- Casualties reported, no clear number
- Reports of a 17-year-old shot dead
- A group of freedom fighters “Bob Crow Brigade” are heading to Manbij to oppose Turkish army.
- Last reported: 1 dead, 42 wounded
The protesters claim that they are against Turkey building a wall inside their borders because it invades their territory. However, the wall is to ensure the security of the area as PM mentioned by saying they have no interest in Syria’s land and would like to help keep the borders intact.
Kobane sources report casualties & injuries in ongoing clashes between Turkish army & Kurdish protesters in border pic.twitter.com/lqyDIkxraN
— Mutlu Civiroglu (@mutludc) September 2, 2016
BREAKING: Turkish army fires tear gas on crowds as Kurds in Kobani border town protest Turkish invasion of Syria – @K24English
— Conflict News (@Conflicts) September 2, 2016