- Another suicide bombing commuted by ISIS killed at least 21 people in northern Baghdad.
- ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack on the Shiite neighborhood of Kadhimiya, where more than 35 people were injured, according to Iraqi security officials.
- IS media released the claim. Sunday’s attack came few weeks after the truck terror attack in the busy shopping district that led to almost 300 people being killed.
- The bomb-laden truck clashed into a building housing a coffee shop and stores around midnight, when the streets were full with people who had been gathering after breaking their Ramadan fasts.
- ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack in the Karrada district – another mainly Shiite area.