27/08/2016 from Ukraine
- Not much is known about the rebel group that killed 8 soldiers during the attack in northern Paraguay on Saturday.
- Attack happened few days after officials and guerrillas reached the final stage in negotiation of peace in Colombia.
- It was the longest going on insurgency in Latin America.
- Group called the Paraguayan People’s Army was suspected by the authorities in committing the attack.
- According to Federico Delfino, the country’s prosecutor for anti-kidnapping efforts, the attackers got eight M4 carbines, bulletproof vests and the victims’ personal belongings.