- Kevin Beauvais-Benoit, 33, was arrested by the RCMP for allegedly using police databanks without authorization to check the identity of licence plate owners.
- He also faces charges of criminal harassment, breach of trust and releasing information to an unauthorized third party.
- It is alleged that the offences were committed between 2014 and 2015 while the accused was posted in Saskatchewan.
- It is believed that the accused violated the law to serve the personal purposes of two individuals that he knew:
– Benoit Robert, 32, of Saint-Michel-de-Napierville.
– Dominic Boyer, 34, of Saint-Rémi.
- The two men allegedly then used the information to visit and threaten a victim at home.
- All three accused are scheduled to appear in court in Longueuil on Sept. 21, 2016.