16/08/2016 from Hong Kong
- At least up to 12 people, who were suspected gang members that were abducted early Monday the 15th, while dining in a popular seaside restaurant in Puerto Vallarta at around 1a.m local time.
- Hostages were not tourists, they were believed to be crime organisation members according to Jalisco state prosecutor Eduardo Almaguer. In which, this incident may not be a terrorist attack – even the motives still remain unknown.
- The site of the incident is a popular and main tourist attraction.
- Two big utility vehicles, believed to be SUVs were used to take the hostages, the amount of gunmen on the vehicles remains unknown according to associated press.
- Both the kidnappers and those kidnapped were members of criminal organizations.
- Investigation still on-going.
– The hostages includes a son of jailed narcotics kingpin Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán
– Believed to be kidnapped by rivalry
– Gangland war may by caused by this abduction according to security experts
– It may be a challenge to the President Enrique Peña Nieto’s suppression of underworld violence