03/09/2016 from Turkey
- A sum of 18 Turkish soldiers and a guardsman were killed in three separate clashes and an attack by the outlawed PKK in the country’s east and southeast on Sept. 3, late on Sept. 2.
- Eight Turkish soldiers were killed and eight others injured during an operation against PKK militants in Turkey’s eastern province of Van, the governor’s office confirmed on Sept 3.
- Five Turkish soldiers, were killed and six others were wounded in a clash in the Şemdinli district of the southeastern province of Hakkari during a clash with the PKK militants when the soldiers were on a security duty at a checkpoint, Doğan News Agency reported.
- Three Turkish soldiers were killed during an operation against the PKK in the Çukurca district of Hakkari earlier on Sept. 3, state-run news agency Anadolu reported.
- Another 20 soldiers were wounded, three of whom seriously injured in the incident close to the border with northern Iraq, the agency said.
- Late on Sept. 2, two soldiers and a village guard were killed in an attack on a checkpoint in Mardin in the southeast. Three security guards were also wounded.