28/08/2016 from Turkey
- ISIS is trying to join the German armed forces to get military training they can use for terrorist attacks.
- In light of the concerning revelation the armed forces are calling for all applicants to the military to be subject to a security check by its counter-intelligence agency.
- The testing will start from July next year and the Government believes it will help the nation fight against extremists, terrorists and criminals.
- The cabinet is set to approve a change to the military act next week.
- The military counter-intelligence agency is looking into 64 suspected Islamists, 268 suspected right-wing extremists and six suspected left-wing extremists in the armed forces