- Two bomb blasts hit near the main entrance to Mogadishu’s Aden Adde airport, close to a base for African Union (AU) peacekeeping troops.
- Al Shabaab claimed responsibility for the attack
- The first detonated a car bomb near the gates of the compound, which lies close to the airport, and the second tried to storm the base on foot.
- The area surrounding Mogadishu’s airport is designated a secure “green zone” for foreign embassies as well as UN and AU peacekeeping forces.
- Police said the first attacker detonated a car bomb and the second tried to storm the base on foot, but was shot and exploded at the gate.
- At least 13 people mostly security forces died in the two car bomb blasts – 12 others were wounded.
#AlShabab #AirportBlast #Mogadishu #AfricanUnionBase