05/09/2016 from Turkey
- A 19-year old man has been jailed for 10 years in Melbourne, Australia for plotting to run over and then behead a police officer.
- Sevdet Ramadan Besim wanted to carry out the attack at an Anzac Day event in April.
- Besim had discussed the plan with a teenager in the UK, who was sentenced to life earlier this year.
- The 15-year-old from Blackburn, who has not been named, is believed to be the youngest Briton guilty of a terror offence.
- The court had heard that the two of them also joked about packing explosives into a kangaroo’s pouch and setting it loose on police officers.
- Anzac Day is the annual commemoration of the 1915 Gallipoli landings in Turkey by Australian and New Zealand troops.