Key date: 11th August 2017
- Spear phishing e-mails sent to multiple European companies in the hospitality industry.
- Middle Eastern hotels targeted later, in July.
- E-mails deliver a malware payload, designed to steal guest information.
- Less secure hotels targeted, especially those with a number of business or government guests.
- This is the first time we have seen APT28 incorporate this exploit into their intrusions,” researchers said.
- APT28 is widely believed to be a Russian state sponsored hacking group.
- Other articles