- Group of Western tourists have been ambushed by gunmen in Afghanistan.
-Reports of at least seven wounded.
- At least a dozen travellers included eight British citizens, three Americans, and one German
- There are reports that it was the Taliban
-The group has not claimed responsibility
- Several Taliban fighters were killed by Afghan security services after the attack.
- The convoy (escorted by security forces) was on its way from Bamiyan province in central Afghanistan to the city of Herat in the west when it was attacked
- The British Foreign Office has advised against travel to Afghanistan.